Launched in February 2020, Sadhguru’s new title ‘Death: an Inside Story’ became #1 on neilsen in less than a week and proved to be a book for all those who shall die.
Speaking of death in most of the societies today is considered to be a bad omen. People think that if they do not talk about death, it will not happen to them. This sense of immortality keeps most of us away from the most fundamental truth of life, a process that begins with the very first breath of a newborn: Death.
Is death a calamity? Can death be avoided? How does life exit the body? How should one prepare for death? Can death be hacked? How can assistance be provided for the dying and the dead? What about reincarnation? Sadhguru answered all these questions in the boldest ever account, ‘Death: An Inside Story’, said and laid by any of the influencers of the modern society.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is a Yogi from the southern part of India, who is regarded as The New York Times Bestselling Author for his previous masterpieces ‘Inner Engineering’ and ‘Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga’. He is the founder of Isha Foundation that has helped change millions of lives through its Inner Engineering and Yoga programs worldwide, with major centres in India and the United States. In his attempt to break down the fear of death from the lives of common folks, he has discussed every aspect related to life, death, and its correlation in this book in 12 different chapters.
A sneak peek.
Our body is governed by the 5 vital energies or Pancha Pranas or Pancha Vayus viz. Samana Vayu, Prana Vayu, Udana Vayu, Apana Vayu and Vyana Vayu. Samana Vayu is the in-charge of maintaining body temperature, Prana Vayu takes charge of respiration and thought process, Udana Vayu makes you feel light in weight, Apana Vayu controls excretory system and sensory function, Vyana Vayu knits all these billions of cells into one single body. How do we consciously take care of these energies determines the quality of life and death altogether?
This will blow your mind!
- If someone dies before completing the Sanchita Karma (total karma of all lifetimes), liberation is impossible and he/she will reborn. This cycle is repetitive.
- Breathing fewer no. of times per minute reduces metabolism, hence you will live longer. Breathe deep with reduced frequency.
- If you are doing Sadhana and have mastered it to a level, then wear some metal on your body to prevent your life slip accidentally out of your physical body.
- If someone is on the verge of death, take him/her out in the open courtyard, place the body on the soil in north-south alignment, with head towards north.
- Do not sleep, cook or eat near the body. Keep a lamp constantly burning.
- If you survive for more than 1008 full moons (82-86 years), you’ll attain liberation even if you have never done any Sadhana.
Sadhguru has mentioned of the ghosts, and clarified that they exist but not as we know them. Chapter 10 ‘The life of a Ghost’ has made some shocking revelations about the existence of ghosts, saying that they cannot harm us intentionally since they live with intent and gone intellect. This means, if a calm person is dead before time, his ghost is harmless, but a violent person and his ghost is a matter of concern. Sadhguru knows all his past lives!
Sadhguru has mentioned his 3 past lives with exact names and places, what he did in those lives, where he went, everything. Will he be born again? He has clearly denied in his statement:
Believe it or not, but after reading this book, whether you believe in him or now, believe in yogic sciences or not, you’ll surely care about how well you live the rest of your life and prepare for a graceful death. Because death is ultimate!